Thursday, May 2, 2013

Okay, here to stay!

Okay, I'm really starting to see how important a blog is to have these days. I keep reading only "real" writers have blogs, and yadda yadda yadda, so I'm going to get my ass in gear and update thing thing daily, yeah DAILY!

As of now I want to remain anonymous and get more strangers to read this than friends... I don't know why, as that old lady in Mission Impossible said "anonymity is a warm blanket" ... or something along those lines.

What's the latest you ask? Okay, okay I'll tell you. In bullet form, yo!
 click, boom!
  •  Wrote a screenplay, coming of age, teen feature. Four agencies are reading it right now deciding my fate. One friend in Europe is reading it and will give it to her production team. And another friend with a manager will give it to a manager that she finds fitting.  They all control the rest of my life. How crazy is that?
click, boom
  • I have a darker drama with a super cool and strong female lead script done... and by done i mean half done. It needs about 35 more pages. But there are four indie studios/producers that are looking for a screenplay just like this one, so I'm going to tell them I have a completed script ready to go... mix things up. Hope it works out well.
  • Re-writing an older coming of age script. Sucked before, but i think it works now, cuz magic is a big thing in movies these days and that's what it's about.
  • Oh, okay, LAST one, cuz even I'm starting to get bored here:  In 1911 this Italian dude stole the Mona Lisa.... for 2 years! never a movie has been made about it. Till now!... well no, not till now, I just wrote the screenplay for it. I'm super excited for that one. It's a true story and it's awesome.
I swear, writing a great script (which is super hard.... well not HARD hard, it's work I love doing, just takes time and energy and respect for the craft.)  is way much much much much MUCH easier than finding a God damn literary agent or manager that will take on a new writer.  I guess I am jumping the gun a little bit. I still need to let some time pass before an agent gets back to me. I sent out 40 query letters and four of them wanted to read my script, so that's a good number ( i was told).   WHY though? Why is it so hard to break into an industry that sorely needs better products? Why do they make it this hard?  I just shook my head. hah, I'm speechless. And it's soul crushing that Hollywood makes it this difficult to break in. Maybe it's a way to weed out the weak? Maybe my screenplay isn't that great? I did send it for coverage, and that company loved it. I got a recommend as a writer and the script was a consider, so, I dunno.  I'll wait and see I guess.

Can't wait to see Iron Man 3 this weekend! Woot!

kthanksbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment