Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Haven't been on here in a little while, my apologies to all 6 of you who read this :P

I've been looking for work and stuff while still writing. I found out yesterday that VISA (bastards) just took money from my account without telling me or asking me or anything, like 60% of it, leaving me with very little to live off of until I hopefully find a job.  This was the shittiest day I've had in a long time.   I hate how money has been made to be so important in our society. If I worked full time I would never get any writing done or films made, and I think that's more important to contribute to this world than filing papers and answering phone calls.

This just drives me harder and faster to want to sell my screenplay.  I just finished another drama, about a 22 year old girl who's talented beyond her years at painting and drawing, but lives with a violent father who abuses her sick mother and her on every level. Her days are filled with vivid fantasies of killing her father. And she has to save her sick mother and 10 year-old sister from this monster.

I like it because it's something so low budget that I could shoot it. One house, 4 people, some fake blood is all you need. It's a recipe for a money-maker if it were to be a Hollywood film... which I'm hoping that happens, because I can only write for free for so long.


Anyway, there's nothing to be gained from quitting and hard work and perseverance pays off in the end. So I hope if anyone else out there is going through shit times and is on a down swing that it gets better and you can only go up from here, so don't give up!


Okay, have a great week friends.
Oh, I saw Now You See Me, LOVED it ... im a big fan of magic and I thought they did a great job. Cannot WAIT for This Is The End.  It's my life long goal to befriend Jona Hill, Seth Rogan and James Franco. They seem like an awesome bunch of guys to hang around and are all hilarious.


ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment